MERRY-GO-ROUND (North American Premiere)
“Merry-Go-Round” refers to a DJing technique in the hip-hop genre that repeats the interlude (break) of a song by using two turntables.
B-Boying, which originated from the music of the turntables, is a dance that mirrors our lives that flow with a repeated rhythm.
A wide range of emotions such as joy and sadness, accomplishment and emptiness are expressed by the dancers, and performed to dynamic Korean traditional music, delivering a unique sense of “heung" (a sense of joyful excitement) and “han” (a sense of deep sorrow or resentment) expressed by team MOVER through dance.
MERRY-GO-ROUND is presented by the Korean Cultural Center New York.
* Standby Entry:
- There are a very limited number of tickets available for the standby line day of, and additional seats may become available on a first-come, first-served basis only.
- Standby line will form from the Peridance Entrance at 126 E. 13th Street, NYC
- We cannot guarantee admission for those in the standby line, but we will do our best to accommodate as many guests as possible.
- If seating is available, you will be seated at curtain time in designated locations by Peridance House Management.
* Ticket Holders:
- Doors open 30 minutes before showtime.
- All seating is first-come, first-served.
- There is no late seating. Your seat/ticket will be released to the standby line 10 minutes before the show, so we recommend you to arrive early to secure your seats.